For admission into programmes of study at the Durban University of Technology, DUT for any first degree or second degree, an applicant must have the following requirements for a successful admission.
DURBAN UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY ADMISSION REQUIREMENT
Below is the 2019 DUT admission information that contains the admission requirement needed for admission into Durban University of Technology, DUT.
- The minimum entrance requirements for admission to the DUT for a South African applicant is a Senior Certificate or a recognized equivalent qualification. Over and above the minimum entrance requirements, each department also sets specific entrance requirements.
- With effect from 1 January 2009 the following are the entrance requirements :
- a National Senior Certificate (NSC) as certified by Umalusi Council for Quality Assurance in General and Further Education and Training provided that a minimum of 4 recognised NSC 20-credit subjects must be passed.
- These four subjects must:
- include English with an achievement rating of 3 or better;
- not exceed 2 official languages; and
- have an achievement rating of 3 or better, in accordance with the NSC levels of achievement below:
- International applicants are required to check the International Brochure for detailed information on the admission process.