What can applicants expect from the process?
- Applicants need to complete an application form and submit it to OLG with their Grade 12 certificate, a certified copy of their ID and proof of the required deposit (2015 rate: R310.00) to facilitate the administration of their application and assessment.
- Applicants are then invited to complete an assessment and will receive an SMS confirming details of the assessment. Students are welcome to contact OLG telephonically to confirm any correspondence.
- Applicants write their pre-assessment, made up of four sections, at any of OLG’s centres in Johannesburg, Pretoria, Cape Town, Port Elizabeth and Durban. They must bring a pen and calculator to the assessment.
- Applicants achieving over 80% in all of the sections of the assessment are immediately fast tracked for the entry-level formal and accredited Netcare Education Nursing Programme for the next intake.
- Applicants achieving over 50% but less than 80% in all of the sections are able to join the eight-month Netcare Education Designate Programme (NEDP). Once successfully completed, applicants may apply for the Netcare Education Nursing Programme.
- Unfortunately, applicants who score less than 50% for any section do not qualify for either of the two programmes.