Non-South African citizens must include the following:
- an evaluation report from SAQA
- an evaluation report for employment in education from the Department of Basic Education:Educator Qualifications and Programmes section.
- a work permit stating that they are permitted to teach in South Africa
- proof of permanent residence and non-South African identity document
- proof of employment or pending employment by a school in South Africa.
Who must register with SACE?
A: Educators employed at:
- Public schools. These are educators employed in terms of the Employment of Educators Act of 1998 and the South African Schools Act of 1996)
- Recognised independent schools,
- Further Education and Training Institutions (employed in terms of the FET Act of 1998),
- Adult learning centers (ABET).
- Waldorf and Montessori centers
- ECD educators with a minimum NQF level 4 ECD qualifications employed in public and independent schools in Grade R.
- Foreign educators as per Council Resolution of 2008.
SACE Letter of Good Ethical and Professional Standing
A. A letter from the licensing body or education ministry that says your right to teach has never been suspended, revoked or cancelled.
The Statement of Professional Standing provides us with information regarding your past professional practice as a teacher. For example, it tells us whether your authorization to teach has ever been taken away for disciplinary reasons or whether you would still be welcome to teach in that country, province or state. If educator was previously not an educator in their country of origin, then a testimonial from the last Higher Education institution attended is required.
The statement must:
- Verify that you were authorized to teach in that jurisdiction
- State that your authorization was never suspended, cancelled or revoked
- Come from the licensing authority or department of education
- Be an original and signed by the appropriate official
- Not be more than one year old when we receive it
Contact numbers are as follows:
Tel no: 086 100 SACE  OR (012) 663 9517
Fax no: (012) 663 9238
Postal address: Private Bag X127, Centurion, 0046
Physical address: 240 Lenchen Avenue, Centurion, 0046
We invite all educators to visit our website at: www.sace.org.za
Contact details for evaluation of foreign qualifications:
National department of Education (DoE), telephone (+27 12 357 3000)
or South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA), telephone (+27 12 431 5000)