The following information outlines the process for registration – please read it carefully.
1. Have you received a firm offer from the University?
- If you have completed the National Senior Certificate or an equivalent school-leaving qualification this year, you will receive an SMS in January 2020 shortly after the results are announced, confirming your firm offer.
- Please access https://self-service.wits.ac.za to view your status.
- You must accept the offer via SMS or on Self-Service within 3 days to secure your place. Should you not do so, the offer will be withdrawn, and the place will be offered to another student. NO telephonic or email acceptances can be made. You may only accept one offer.
- You may find that you have been placed on a waiting list or have a deferred status for your programme. As decision-making is an ongoing process, we will monitor the situation on a daily basis and notify you via SMS or on self-service once a firm offer is made.
2. Student Self-Service Portal
- Students will need to access the self-service portal at various stages of their registration. Your log in details are:
Student ID = Person Number
Password = date of birth in YYMMDD format.